Hoping to start off the New Year with something positive, I am taking some comfort in: Luke 12:2-3 “For there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed; nor hidden that shall not be known. For whatsoever things you have spoken in darkness shall be published in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear in the chambers shall be preached on the housetops.”
You would think Catholics as Joseph Biden, Jr. and Nancy Pelosi would be familiar with and wary of the above passage. Not to excuse the Jewish raised Charles “Chuck” Schumer: Deut 32:4 “... For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He.” 35: “Vengeance is Mine, and recompense; Their foot shall slip in due time; For the day of their calamity is at hand, And the things to come hasten upon them.”
Another positive note for the New Year, it appears we are running out of conspiracy theories for the simple reason that they are all coming true. On the other hand, currently fashionable headline news stories are being revealed as myths and fables, to wit: 1. No one is above the Law, unless you have friendlies in the media and power over the law enforcement budget.
2. Defunding the police will eliminate crime. So will redefining crimes as misdemeanors or antisocial acts that are more properly addressed by social workers.
3. The USA is a democracy wherein the People rule and Representatives work for us, unless lobbyists pay better and hide their payments and intentions.
4. If one works hard and long and plays by the rules, success is guaranteed, unless government takes a dislike to the product or service you are providing and subsidizes your competition.
5. The 1% rich only pay 90% of all taxes, but don't pay their fair share while the 44.4% who pay nothing are being cheated somehow.
6. Corporations don't pay enough tax, even though they are not people and will avoid tax and labor cost by moving offshore, eliminating jobs and the ability for Americans to pay tax.
7. The Federal Bureau of Investigation is a law enforcement agency that moonlights as a political swat team in support of the permanent bureaucracy.
8. The Central Intelligence Agency investigates foreign subversive elements' activities that moonlights as a subversive element.
9. The US military exists to protect and defend the citizens living within the 50 United States of America, but trains and practices by supporting and supplying foreign proxy wars. It is supplied by companies that have direct influence in Congress and have the best business plan since the invention of soap...disposable explosives in demand the world over.
10. Non-Governmental Organizations are tax-exempt non-profits because they provide socially redeeming services to society and are supported by private donations, and disbursements from the US Treasury when their goals support political ideology.
11. Social Security and Medicare are sustainable programs because though they started with 13 payers supporting 1 recipient; they currently have 4 payers supporting 1 recipient but it works because each payer contributes more and more as time goes on. The poorer contributers can just use more abortion and contraception if their paychecks diminish too much, further diminishing the number of future contributors...that'll show 'em.
12. Alcoholism, drug addiction and social diseases just happen to everyone as a consequence of living in our environment. Everyone that hoists a bottle, plunges a needle in themselves or their unit somewhere strange can easily find some privileged group to blame.
13. Covid19 shots and boosters are effective for lucky people and safe vaccinations except for young athletes and older people with comorbidities.
14. All professionals with initials MD are bound by the Hippocratic Oath and “First, do no harm”, unless they can make a lot of money by first getting that hold harmless agreement signed.
15. The Executive branch's Dept of Justice faithfully enforces the laws of the land unless their personal feelings conflict or they are directed to do otherwise by the Chief Executive.
16. The Supreme Court is the final arbiter of the validity of any legislation and bases its decisions on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, as written regardless of current fashion unless a majority of judges decides they could make a better law.
17. Congress reads and passes all legislation only after consideration against a balanced budget, unless it hides some favorite but embarrassing pork the Members need for re-election in a remote district that would rather spend someone else's money.
18. Sex assigned at birth is subject to revision. Your satisfaction may vary.
19. Skin pigmentation is a guaranteed predictor of a person's character, especially when accused of a crime.
John Brooks Parker Bandera, TX