I’m seeking reelection to be your Precinct 1 Bandera County Commissioner, again!
The Heart to Serve with the Knowledge and Experience To Do the Job Right!
“I still believe county government must be accessible and responsive to our community. With your vote, I will work to make your voice heard at Commissioners’ Court.”
The Experience to Get the Job Done!
• I’ve served as your Precinct 1 County Commissioner for 11-plus years.
• I teach a work zone traffic control & qualified flagger class to Texas county Arlington for six years. I am and city employees for UT a former TEEX instructor for roadway maintenance/ procedures and heavy preventative maintenance equipment operator classes for Texas A&M for eight years.
• Thirty-four-plus years with the Texas Department promotion was to the of Transportation. My last Boerne maintenance section where I retired with 20 years managing the sections parts of four other of Bandera and Kendall and counties. This included roadway maintenance planning, budgeting, contract management and personnel management.
• Twenty-seven-plus years’ service as a reserve deputy in the Bandera County Sheriff’s Office. Served as chief reserve deputy for five of the last six Bandera County sheriffs.
• Twenty-six-plus years of service in the U.S. Air Force, active duty ’65 - ’69 and reserve duty from ’70 - ’92, including five-and-a-half months active duty during Operation Desert Storm
Some of Commissioners’ Court major accomplishments I have supported and voted for in my 11-plus years of service on the court are:
• A balanced budget all 11 years I’ve been on the court with more than a 30% fund balance at the beginning of each budget year, many above 35%;
• A new jail and justice center bond election and construction;
• Renovation of the courthouse roof and upstairs county courtroom and an elevator to the second floor;
• New road and bridge;
• Established a county road map;
• Purchased a building for the auditor, HR, JP 1 and JP 4;
• Budgeted for a new animal control facility;
• Eliminated all rental-lease properties for the county;
• Voted for a county hotel occupancy tax (HOT Tax);
• Voted to buy new voting machines.
Committed to our county
• Bandera County resident over 54 years, with 27-plus years of volunteer service to Bandera County;
• Happily married to Roma for 23 years. We have three daughters;
• Hill Country Chapel, active member;
• Frontier Times Museum, active member;
• 4-H Stock Show, active supporter;
• Pipe Creek VFD, active member;
• Castle Lake VFD, active supporter;
• Bandera County Boys & Girls Clubs, active supporter.
Things I’ve been looking to get completed in the near future:
• I’m working with the property owners to acquire a small piece of property on Madrona Ranch;
• Road at Highway 46 to make our county road intersection safer for our school buses.
• I’ve been working with the TxDOT to improve the English Crossing Bridge. Commissioner Rutherford helped with contacting State Sen. Buckingham, who indicated our bridge has been put on the schedule for December 2021.
I want to thank all of you for your continued support and vote of confidence. I look forward to serving Bandera County and Precinct 1 for another four years!